POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blog Topper : Re: Blog Topper Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blog Topper
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 2 Oct 2006 15:11:39
Message: <4521646b$1@news.povray.org>
Bryan Valencia wrote:
> Not quite done yet.
> Comments welcome

I like it, though altogether (unless that's the style you're aiming
for), it looks a little flat. The house-thingy has a nice highlight on
the right, a soft blue highlight on the left, but inbetween, it's just a
single color, no shading. To exagherate, the color is so "unshaded",
that the straight pillar wall looks like its blending directly into the
spheres. I'd do something about that.

The same goes for the background mountains, I'd prefer some more
variance in color. And some realistic clouds, made with media... I know,
altogether, its a lot to ask for that, but then I figure, since "Blog
Topper" suggests you want to put it at the head of a website/blog,
putting some time into it wouldn't harm. :-)

But, like I said, if that's the style your aiming for (more stylized
than realistic), it looks like a good start. How about raising the
resolution for the heightfield, I can see some edges...

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"